• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I get Apple Chancery Font for Windows 7 PC

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My office uses Photoshop from CC on an iMac.

I use Photoshop CS6 13.0.1 x64

This is installed on a PC running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

I have to work on Photoshop files created on the iMac and a standard font used is Apple Chancery.

When I open files in Photoshop on my PC, I do not have that font, so if I need to change text that uses this font, I have to change it to the closest in appearance, which seems to be Lucida Calligraphy

The problem with this, is when the file goes back to the office for the guy on his iMac, he has to change it back to Apple Chancery as he doesn't have the font Lucida Calligraphy.

Can I get Apple Chancery font for my Windows 7 PC for use in Photoshop?

If yes then where?

I found a free version, but it was only narrow (thin) and is no use.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

I found  FontForge Open Source Font Editor which is supposed to be good if you have just a few fonts to convert and do not want to lay down 99+ for a  Font Converter.

I did look at FontXChange and since I had a copy of Font Doctor 8 that came with an older version of Extensis Suitcase, I qualified for a $50 discount off the $99 license. Close enough.

FontXChange CrossGrade (Single User License)

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep been there and tried two already, neither of which were exactly the same, once installed they showed font name and THIN.

I rather hoped to be pointed to the best site?  If there is such a thing?

Or do I just have to keep installing fonts ad-hoc until I chance upon one that matches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you would be better off picking a font, agreeing it, and buying two copies. You can't in general assume you have the same fonts as anyone otherwise. Copying and modifying the font from a Mac would surely breach the font License anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the OP's problem: Finding the font in Windows format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Apple Chancery is an Open Type font, you should be able to install it on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised I still have it on OSX 10.12, but anyway it's a True Type Font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of apps to convert fonts. FontLab has TransType, [https://www.fontlab.com/font-converter/transtype/​], and I was surprised to see that Acute Systems' CrossFont [Acute Systems Software ​] is still around. I used that a lot to convert the ​Type 1 fonts I bought for my PC so I could use them on the Macs at school.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found  FontForge Open Source Font Editor which is supposed to be good if you have just a few fonts to convert and do not want to lay down 99+ for a  Font Converter.

I did look at FontXChange and since I had a copy of Font Doctor 8 that came with an older version of Extensis Suitcase, I qualified for a $50 discount off the $99 license. Close enough.

FontXChange CrossGrade (Single User License)

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't suggesting finding the same font, but finding and agreeing a new font between the parties involved. Sometimes you just can't legally or practically get your first choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines