3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2017 9:42 AM by Mylenium

Superman intro echo problem

FlashG0rdon

Hello

How do I make the echo animation slowe just like the Superman intro from 1978?

4fcd930756006decd3ff4d23fce9dbcd.gif

5a241d4294a512b7ce7e80bb4f9ae5bb.gif

• 1. Re: Superman intro echo problem
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You create your artwork, animate the position in Z or scale, pre-compose, then apply the echo effect to the pre-comp and adjust the parameters. Making the layer 3D and animating the Z position will give you the best look.

I suggest that you type Echo Effect in the Search Help field and check out the community resources for details on how to use the effect. It takes a bit of fiddling around to get the look you want and the adjustments for this kind of effect are very small.

• 2. Re: Superman intro echo problem
            FlashG0rdon Level 1

Thank you Rick!

Sorry for stupid question but I've only got one layer isnt pre-comp for multiple layers?

aa274a06bf9a0a705361ec6432a8f972.png

• 3. Re: Superman intro echo problem
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Pre-composing structures the AE render pipeline and doesn't just serve as a means of grouping items. Effects like Echo may require pre-composing since they require multiple pixel buffers to be accumulated and pre-composing your animation does just that. It's basically like the effect saying "What does the rendered/ flattened result look like on frame X? Can I have it please?!" as opposed to requesting native transform values or some such thing.

Mylenium