• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16 on Windows 10 PC

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thank you in advance for any and all recommendations. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes. I am using Windows 10 on a 64bit OS and having issues with multiple Adobe products. I have tried Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, and I get the same results with both. If I try to open a PDF or convert to a PDF or any other aspect of Adobe, I get the following message.

Configuration Error

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of the screen.

Error: 16

http://www.adobe.com/support/

Now, I have uninstalled and reinstalled as it requested. I also tried a totally different version. I also applied the fixes I read about regarding the PCD Folder and SLStore folder. Still no luck. Does anyone have any recommendations?

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF Labs has an Acrobat/Reader cleaner that will fully remove Acrobat or Reader.

It appears your error is a permissions issue. You should be installing as the Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will look into the PDF Labs product, but I am installing it as the Administrator. That does not seem to be the problem. Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines