2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2008 4:46 PM by Captiv8r

DHTML Hotspot Drop-down Error

twriter01
      I am receiving an error when I create a DHTML hotspot drop-down and try to preview topic in RH X5. The error is Syntax Error. Before this, I created the same type of drop downs successfully in the same project. But now those drop downs don't work either, and I get the same error. I'm not sure what has changed. I checked older html code that used to work against the newer drop down code, and they are the same. Thank you for any help!
        • 1. Re: DHTML Hotspot Drop-down Error
          twriter01 Level 1
          As a solution, I replaced my ehlpdhtm.js file with a previous version (through source control) and my drop downs are now working again. If anyone can explain why, I'd like to know. Thanks!
          • 2. Re: DHTML Hotspot Drop-down Error
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Hi there

While I can't explain why (maybe it's the phase of the moon? Sunspots?) I can tell you it's happened to me in the past. At the time it happened to me, I attributed it (correctly or incorrectly) to either my path being too long (I had many nested folders) or too many drop-down areas inside a single topic. (I had 25 or 30 different areas).

Whatever the cause, mine began working when I changed the path to the ehlpdhtm.js file. I removed all ../../../ information and just copied the file to the same folder as the topic that needed it.

Not sure if it helps any, but that's been my experience.

Cheers... Rick