• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Set Up a 12 Page Brochure?

Participant ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I set up my 12 page brochure and i saw the first page on the right, the spreads and the last page on the left. Is it correct? Should i modify anything before starting designing?

Then...how should I export for commercial print? As spreads or pages?

Please help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Yes, that is correct when you want to signal left and right handed pages.

For commercial print, you really don't have to do anything but give them a press-worthy PDF, made up usually according to their detailed instructions. They usually take care of the page imposition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct when you want to signal left and right handed pages.

For commercial print, you really don't have to do anything but give them a press-worthy PDF, made up usually according to their detailed instructions. They usually take care of the page imposition.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if your commercial printer is expecting you to produce print-ready imposition, RUN, don't walk in the other direction and find another printer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's new to me but can you explain page imposition. I always wonder how they print a booklet. Suppose my pdf is of good print quality and in pages but are not in order, what will the printer do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wikipedia is your friend:

Imposition - Wikipedia

You really need to talk to the printer. There are a variety of imposition practices which depend a lot on the particular equipment a commercial printer is using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks. Do i need to outline fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do NOT need to outline fonts if you're creating a PDF file. The fonts are embedded in the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last question...i use blend modes a lot. Have u heard of flattener preview. Is it a must to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends on the printer. Printers who have PostScript-based RIP may want transparency flattener. Those who handle PDF directly don't need transparency flattening. Again, ask the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines