• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frustrated NewBie: Removing scrollbars in Animate CC 2015

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working for almost 2 days now how to remove the scrollbars from a simple animation I made.
An example can be found here: https://www.surfgate.be/ScrollsBeGone/default.html

I tried CSS with:

• overflow:hidden;
  • overflow-y:hidden; overflow-x:hidden;
  • display:block;
  • min-height:101%;
  • several combinations of the above

I even tried the same with the generated html page that Animate made.

My animation is 1000px width and 290px in hight. The one small success is that I set the hight to 297px and even then, they is a small gray background on the bottom.

This is so stupid and time consuming. Any help? Thx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be using a frame. If you right-click and open frame in a new window, it looks like it's ok. The canvas is 290 tall but you have the frame set to 297 tall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I took the wrong approach.

In Dreamweaver CC i do: Insert --> HTML --> edge/Animate composition --> *.oam
But, what if i just put the Javascript code inside my page instead bcos what Dreamweaver and/or Animate does is to link the *.oam file to another HTML page and maybe that is why i'm having so much trouble.

Or maybe this is more a question for the Dreamweaver forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the Edge ID in your code, and wondered if that could be the problem. Adobe Animate isn't Edge Animate, and I guess your Dreamweaver isn't up to date.

Here is a page that goes through the steps of inserting an Adobe Animate OAM file into Dreamweaver. It is describing the current version of Dreamweaver, and the menu items are different now. But the steps may be similar enough that you can figure out what went wrong:

Import animated compositions into Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Just upgraded to Animate CC 2017 and Dreamweaver CC 2017 (Yes, legally!). Don't see any difference with the Animate 2015 but I love the new Dreamweaver!
The EdgeID didn't change, or maybe i need to convert it... Did a quick test with Dreamweaver '17 and it looks very promising. Will continue tomorrow, it's late

Anyway, never thought this little problem would cause me such a headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it has anything to do with all your CSS styling being applied to the outer HTML document, not the embedded HTML document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, it works, finally. Maybe a small detail: The scrollbars do appear for a fraction of a second, then they're gone. I figured that out by preloading the page first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines