• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to eliminate stretching?

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get a warp independent object from stretching when using a draggable handle?  For instance, let's say I have a forefinger that I want to move independently of the hand using a draggable handle (pivot point at the base of the finger, handle placed at the tip), but I don't want its length to stretch at all.  It's okay if it "bends" left and right at midfinger, like a knuckle.  I just don't want it to stretch beyond the height value that I gave it in AI.  How can I accomplish this?  Here is a screenshot of the problem.

MeloFinger.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said on your YouTube comment, currently there isn't a way to do this but it's a highly requested feature.

See: Prevent puppet pieces from stretching | Ideas for Character Animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As always, your help is invaluable and appreciated.  (Sorry for posting in both venues.  I was thinking that a forum user might've stumbled on a fix.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines