2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2008 10:17 AM by ztratoz

Grouping interval in advanceddatagrid

ztratoz
      I hava an arraycollection where one of the atributes contains a number. I want to show the AC in an advanceddatagrid because of the grouping functionality. So... since i'm new to flex I read a lot of examples and I am able to show the data based on the atribute containing the number, but I want to group them based on a interval condition. i.e all items where number is less than 10. All items where number is between 10 and 20...... etcetc.... I have been checking out the compareFunction etc... but i could not find any examples that fitted my need.

I would be gratefull for any help. Tnx.
        • 1. Re: Grouping interval in advanceddatagrid
          Level 7

"ztratoz" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g8jp10$q4i$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I hava an arraycollection where one of the atributes contains a number. I
          >want
          > to show the AC in an advanceddatagrid because of the grouping
          > functionality.
          > So... since i'm new to flex I read a lot of examples and I am able to show
          > the
          > data based on the atribute containing the number, but I want to group them
          > based on a interval condition. i.e all items where number is less than 10.
          > All
          > items where number is between 10 and 20...... etcetc.... I have been
          > checking
          > out the compareFunction etc... but i could not find any examples that
          > fitted my
          > need.

I think you'd need to extend HierarchicalCollectionView.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: Grouping interval in advanceddatagrid
            ztratoz Level 1
            hmm.... not sure howto.... tnx anyway.. ended up looping through my AC in my resulthandler evaluating the number field and add one value to every element telling what interval it is a member of....then the advancedDG could group on my new value. Maybe not the best way, so if someone knows howto use advanceddatagrid funcs to solve my problem i'm still interested.