Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 crashes after start

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

First of all I want to apologize for my bad English, but i hope you understand my problem and can help me fix it.

I bought the Creative Suite 6 Deign Standard (Student Edition) a few years ago and it all worked well.

But since a few weeks my InDesign won't open anymore. Same for my Acrobat X pro (which will not open at all!).

I already uninstalled and reinstalled it, but it didn't help me out. I also updated it.

I use a vaio computer with Windows 10 (updated from Windows 8 recently).

No matter which way I use to open InDesign CS6, it will sooner or later crash with a massage that says:

(I'm sorry I only have the German version of it...)

It tells me that the program has to be shut down, because of a heavy error and that I should try opening it again.

After that this appears and the hole program is closed again:

(it says something like: Due to a problem the program can not be performed. It will be shut down and you will be contacted...

It also doesn't seem to happen at the same point. Sometimes it crashes shortly after the loading screen appears and sometimes I can decide whether I want to load the latest document or not. But no matter what I chose InDesign will eventually crash again...

I know this is not very well explained, but I hope that someone can help me out, because I really need InDesign right now (for privat reasons and for my schooling).

I'm looking forward to hear some of your solutions!

Thank you!

Julia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this concise guide:

http://trainingonsite.com/images/downloads/InDesign_CC_2017_troubleshooting_2017_02_23.pdf

It explains what to do when InDesign is crashing.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the guide to what to do if..... This is happening to one of my users every other day.  So I delete cache and prefs everytime they use this application.  I am looking for a fix. This application(as of recently) throws errors on and off for hours at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you investigated for bad fonts? Old fonts? PSType1 fonts?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines