• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is AE 2017 not opening .aec files?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi im new to After Effects, Im having trouble importing .aec files from C4D to AE with important stuff on them,when i try to import one i get a folder named 10 and a missing file inside. I've tried so many different methods but nothing. Help!!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

I FIXED IT! What i did was i downgraded my ae to CC2015 and i imported the c4dimporter.aex file into the plugins and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi javierz20593390,

Have you installed the Maxon plugins on your machine?

Downloads - MAXON | 3D FOR THE REAL WORLD

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do. I have downloaded  the latest version. But,still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you install it the plugin? (Also, which plugin?)

What's in your C4D file?

Have you rendered your C4D project via C4D's render queue yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the plugin from the c4d website. My cinema is an intro with 1 hr of work put into it.And no i have no rendered via the c4d render queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AEC file brings in lights, cameras, and the objects that you have marked in your Cinema 4d file (with the external compositing tag) as nulls. It also brings in the render and passes that you have set in your C4D file.

So, it sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do. It doesn't bring in the C4D file with a link so that AE can render it. The AEC workflow is to be done AFTER you render things from Cinema 4D's render queue. So the missing object it's looking for is your render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll Try That.Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Javier, let us know if this solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of C4D is this out of interest? The newer versions of CD4, R17, R18, have better integration, which cuts out all the aec stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not newer versions of C4D that cut out the AEC workflow; it's newer versions of After Effects. Via the Cineware effect, you can import C4D files directly into AE, render then directly in your comp viewer, and extract the information (lights, cameras, etc.) that way.

For what it's worth, I usually render with C4D and use the AEC workflow, but I know a number of folks also use the Cineware route. It really depends on your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Approach Didn't Work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it a lot easier using the Cinware, 'extracting' the lights, external and compositing tags and so on. From within AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is R17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I FIXED IT! What i did was i downgraded my ae to CC2015 and i imported the c4dimporter.aex file into the plugins and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines