1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 24, 2017 8:51 AM by joelmeine

Pixel Densities

Shotscope_Designer

Hi, I've been using Adobe XD since its release in Beta and its has improved my workflow UX Designs massively!

Im currently working on a screen ui (1.3inch Sharp display (168px x 144px)) for a wearable sports product and I'm wondering if its possible to set a pixel density so that the art boards can replicate the physical size of the screen rather than just the number of pixels?

If not is there a chance that this could be implemented?

• 1. Re: Pixel Densities
          joelmeine Level 1

Shotscope,  We also had a need for this on a wearable project at our mobile development company.

As a temp-workaround (until a pixel density feature setting and/or a wearable version of XD for mobile is available, we used an IOS device that had the approximate pixel density of the device, built an art board to house a "frame" to look like the device hardware and then placed UI Views inside the frame (i.e. iphone 2 that is 42mm = 390 x 312 pixels (~303 ppi pixel density) IPhone 6 pixel density is 326 (so, close-ish).

It looks close to 1-to-1 and you can use it in client presentations or initial user testing. I know it is not perfect, but It may work for your immediate needs. Hope this helps. If you create a feature request for pixel density control, let me know I will up-vote it.

1 person found this helpful