• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder showing up twice

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my entire photo library on a drive called "Master Photo Archive". For some reason lightroom has created two "folders" under the folders pane that are identical. Some of my images filesScreen Shot 2017-02-24 at 10.00.04 AM.png get imported into one and some into the other. How can I combine these so they are in a single "Master Photo Archive" folder? Screen shot attached.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

The solution is in reply #4 of this thread: Lightroom 4.3 Duplicate folders being created on import

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is in reply #4 of this thread: Lightroom 4.3 Duplicate folders being created on import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work. The volumes are identical and there is no option on right click on the volume level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could perform this task on the folders underneath one of the volumes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happened to me on my last import on Windows 10, with LR 6.9. I don't know if it was related to a pano merge (I did create one after import). In fact, 3 folders appeared twice.

I did eventually manage to get rid of the "duplicate". The underlying filesystem did not show the extra folders. Trying to fix it in LR did not work in the same way you showed but I can't remember what in particular fixed it.

I doubt it has anything to do with an old issue from LR4.x.

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series
**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)
**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines