3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2017 8:21 AM by kglad

Adobe cc suitability as a daily tool for a non-designer solo researcher?

Dante501

Dear All,

I am an Adobe cc newbie.  I work as a solo researcher and teacher generally without supports.  I am not a designer and have immense respect for your skill and expertise.  I have to self-produce my material.  Challenges:

- I frequently experience limitations with Word and Pages,

- I need to integrate, tables, graphics, images into documents and presentations,

- I use Keynote for presentations - I like the product but need to get to the tool.

I have had early success using, Acrobat Pro to resolve PDF issues, Ai to handle images, Photoshop to edit images, and Id to put together a couple of basic pieces.  All with youtube instructional videos running non-stop.  It worked quite well, with little fuss and seemed reasonably intuitive...all to my surprise.  Grids were flexible, images stayed put, tables behaved well, etc.    Perhaps I just got lucky.

Question: would you recommend the Adobe cc Suite as the go to toolset for a non-designer or is it overkill?

I am concerned about the learning curve as most of the design terminology, UI and measurements are foreign to me.

I would be very grateful for any guidance or suggestions.

Thank you for reading.  Please forgive me if I have asked this question in the incorrect area of the Community.

don.