• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom freezes when trying to synchronize

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this problem started today. Whenever I try to synchronize images, lightroom freezes completely. I cannot close the program anymore, but have to re-start the computer. After doing so, I can open lightroom again, but as soon as I try to synchronize images, it freezes up completely. Any ideas ? Thanks, Susanne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give us some clues-

Synchronize Folders? or Mobile Sync?

Lightroom version number?

OS version number?

For folder sync-

What specific folder in the Lr folders panel are you trying to synchronize? (a screen-clip)

What files and file-types are in this folder as seen by the OS file browser (Explorer/Finder.  a screen-clip)

Does it have many sub-folders?

What reason do you have to use 'Synchronize folder' ?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Here are my stats:

Synchronize Folders? or Mobile Sync? FOLDERS

Lightroom version number? CC 2015.9

OS version number? Windows 10 Pro / v.1607

For folder sync-

What specific folder in the Lr folders panel are you trying to synchronize? (a screen-clip) -  APRIL 2017

Lr Folder Screenshot.jpg

What files and file-types are in this folder as seen by the OS file browser (Explorer/Finder.  a screen-clip) IT'S ALL RAW FILES.

Explorer SS.jpg

Does it have many sub-folders? NO. NONE.

What reason do you have to use 'Synchronize folder' ? I HAVE ALWAYS USED SYNCHRONIZE TO IMPORT PHOTOS FROM FOLDERS THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE Lr FOLDERS PANEL AND WHERE i HAVE ADDED NEW IMAGES.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to add to this discussion IMPORT from that same folder works fine. It's JUST synch. Which is a pain because that's much faster that going through the import process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed- it is much faster.  (when it works!)  And is Lr "Freezing" for you?

The April17 folder already has 824 photos in the catalog, how many more in the HD folder?  another 573 it appears.

Do you have the option 'on'  to [Show Import Dialog before Importing] ? This may give clues to an answer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.   It worked fine this morning.   Just trying to sync develop setting on a group of photos.

Only way to close Lightroom is to end task!   

Very fustrating, hope to find the answer soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is about Synchronizing FOLDERS and their contents- NOT syncing Develop adjustments image to image.

You would be better to start a new post and-

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number. A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
Exacy steps you were doing when the problem occurred.
Screenshots of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. 13.0.2

The folder has 2062 images in it. LR says it found 3, but when I click import, LR hangs with the hour glass spinning. All other programs are still working. If I click on the LR screen, it fades to grey, but remains hung.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@desono5000000 

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines