4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2017 5:54 PM by wobertc

Lightroom freezes when trying to synchronize

susannea58001086

Hi, this problem started today. Whenever I try to synchronize images, lightroom freezes completely. I cannot close the program anymore, but have to re-start the computer. After doing so, I can open lightroom again, but as soon as I try to synchronize images, it freezes up completely. Any ideas ? Thanks, Susanne

• 1. Re: Lightroom freezes when trying to synchronize
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

To give us some clues-

Synchronize Folders? or Mobile Sync?

Lightroom version number?

OS version number?

For folder sync-

What specific folder in the Lr folders panel are you trying to synchronize? (a screen-clip)

What files and file-types are in this folder as seen by the OS file browser (Explorer/Finder.  a screen-clip)

Does it have many sub-folders?

What reason do you have to use 'Synchronize folder' ?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom freezes when trying to synchronize
            michellem55595443

I am having the same issue. Here are my stats:

Synchronize Folders? or Mobile Sync? FOLDERS

Lightroom version number? CC 2015.9

OS version number? Windows 10 Pro / v.1607

For folder sync-

What specific folder in the Lr folders panel are you trying to synchronize? (a screen-clip) -  APRIL 2017

Lr Folder Screenshot.jpg

What files and file-types are in this folder as seen by the OS file browser (Explorer/Finder.  a screen-clip) IT'S ALL RAW FILES.

Explorer SS.jpg

Does it have many sub-folders? NO. NONE.

What reason do you have to use 'Synchronize folder' ? I HAVE ALWAYS USED SYNCHRONIZE TO IMPORT PHOTOS FROM FOLDERS THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE Lr FOLDERS PANEL AND WHERE i HAVE ADDED NEW IMAGES.

• 3. Re: Lightroom freezes when trying to synchronize
              michellem55595443 Level 1

And to add to this discussion IMPORT from that same folder works fine. It's JUST synch. Which is a pain because that's much faster that going through the import process.

• 4. Re: Lightroom freezes when trying to synchronize
                wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Agreed- it is much faster.  (when it works!)  And is Lr "Freezing" for you?

The April17 folder already has 824 photos in the catalog, how many more in the HD folder?  another 573 it appears.

Do you have the option 'on'  to [Show Import Dialog before Importing] ? This may give clues to an answer.