• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this link a legitimate installer?

Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had a pop up from Firefox saying I needed to update flash.

I followed the link and downloaded but before installing I stopped as I was unsure if the link was legitimate because it began with 'get3.'

Please can you let me know if this was a legitimate link or if there's a possible risk from this?  I think the link was either:

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player Download

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Many thanks for your help in advance

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Yeah, these are fine -- adobe.com is the critical part.  You can also look at the details for the SSL certificate (usually clicking on the lock in the browser address bar will give you those details), and confirm that it's issued to Adobe Systems Incorporated. 

When in doubt, just go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and we'll redirect you to the appropriate download.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, these are fine -- adobe.com is the critical part.  You can also look at the details for the SSL certificate (usually clicking on the lock in the browser address bar will give you those details), and confirm that it's issued to Adobe Systems Incorporated. 

When in doubt, just go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and we'll redirect you to the appropriate download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines