• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe restarts and Annotation is not saved.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader: Annotation on my ipad. I have linked my dropbox to Adobe so that I can easily access my files. I have made some annotations to my documents (Highlighting, comments) and then press done. After some time using it, Adobe Acrobat restarts again and I get the start screen (Welcome to Adobe, etc.), if I want to open Dropbox in Adobe Reader I first have to link dropbox to Adobe again and fill in my name (as if I am a new annotator). Then when I open my folder (which used to be annoted) everything is gone.

Can someone help me out ?

Thanks

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that Acrobat Reader is giving you trouble.  Would you please provide additional information so that we can investigate the problem?

• What is the iOS version on your iPad?
  • What is the version of your Acrobat Reader app?  (Go to iOS Settings > Adobe Acrobat > Version.)
  • What is the version of your Dropbox app? (In the Dropbox app, tap the gear icon and check App Version.)
  • When does Acrobat Reader restart?  (You said, "After sometime using it")
    • while you are adding new annotations (Highlight, Sticky Notes, etc.)
    • while you are reading a PDF document
    • when you tap the Done button to exit the Commenting mode
    • when you close the currently open document and go back to the file browser. Do you see the toast message "Document Saved"?
  • Does the problem happen with all of your PDF documents or a particular PDF document?

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. Below you'll find the answers to your questions:

• What is the iOS version on your iPad?  The IOS version on my IPad is 10.2.1. (14D27) It says my software is up to date.
  • What is the version of your Acrobat Reader app?  (Go to iOS Settings > Adobe Acrobat > Version.) The version of the Acrobat Reader App is 17.01.31 (164804).
  • What is the version of your Dropbox app? (In the Dropbox app, tap the gear icon and check App Version.) The version of the Dropbox app is 36.2.2.
  • When does Acrobat Reader restart?  (You said, "After sometime using it")
    • while you are adding new annotations (Highlight, Sticky Notes, etc.) No
    • while you are reading a PDF document No
    • when you tap the Done button to exit the Commenting mode No
    • when you close the currently open document and go back to the file browser. Do you see the toast message "Document Saved"? No I have never seen that message. It indeed happens when I close the open document and go back to the file browser. The next time when I want to open Adobe Reader again, it restarts. I think it also happened when I pressed the button on the side to go back to the lock screen but Adobe Reader is still open. If I then want to go back it also restarts, but I must say I am not hundred percent sure about that. If you need that information, I will check whether that was indeed the case. It, however, does not happen every time I close Adobe Reader and go back to the file browser or when I go back to the lock screen, it happens occasionally.
  • Does the problem happen with all of your PDF documents or a particular PDF document? All of them

Thanks for your help, I hope this is the information you need to help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have exactly the same versions of iOS, Acrobat Reader, and Dropbox on my iPad.  But I was not able to reproduce the problem that you described.

We just released Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad version 17.02.28 to the App Store on February, 27, 2017.

Would you please try updating to 17.02.28, re-link to Dropbox, and see if the problem is fixed?

Please let us know what you find.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your effort and time.

I have installed the newer version as you suggested and it did not seem to happen anymore.

So (hopefully) it is solved now. I will let you know if I will encounter the same issues in the future.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Raïsa

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was wrote in my Android Note to my few important documents and hide them!but I won't read or seen that text documentary.

Otherwise I can't fill follower instructed meanly.

What's should I do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines