• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have two laptops with lightroom from creative cloud however I can't seem to get them to sync up together or in my mobile app?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally started using creative cloud light room on my husband's laptop then I got my own laptop and downloaded the apps using my current creative cloud account however it created a new lightroom catalog instead of syncing with my existing catalog. My previous catalog was synced with my mobile app so now my new catalog on my new laptop is not syncing to my mobile app. I tried syncing it but it won't let me because it says there is already another lightroom catalog that is syncing with it. How can I sync up everything to be the same no matter what device I'm on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom sync allows you to sync files between your Computer and your mobile devices e.g Phone and Ipad. You cannot sync from computer to computer.

In addition you can only sync files from one Catalog at a time. If you proceed to sync a second Catalog you should get a warning that your previously synced files would be deleted from the Cloud storage and your mobile devices will loose connect with the previous Catalog images.

Also there have been some updates to Lightroom Mobile App and you can get some info from the link below. I find this site very informative in keeping one uptodate with Lightroom.

Lightroom Journal | Tips and advice straight from the Lightroom team.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had copied your existing catalog and images to your new laptop  then Lightroom should have allowed you to open that catalog and use it. The images that you had synchronized in that catalog should still have been synchronized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting Jim, have you tested this. I would have thought the system would recognize that there were two different computers?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be right. I have synchronized from my desktop, and looked at them on Lightroom for the web. But I don't have any mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim is correct, just copy the catalog and images and backup files to your new hard drive. Open the catalogue via the menu commands. then it should load up. You will need to log out of your mobile account on your husbands computer then you can log in from your laptop.

now it might give you a warning about losing pictures but check your catalogs and see if they are all there. if they are then you just need to re sync photo's to the cloud.

if you have made changes to those files in the cloud make sure they are synced before you copy the catalog.

If, when you load the catalog you get "?" beside your photo folders, select the first folder in your library (possibly called Lightroom). right click and select "Find Missing Folder". Navigate to where your copied your library and select the folder you are looking for. once you selected that Lightroom will find all the folders inside and the "?'s" will disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines