• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet just start cloning itself in the Ch Project

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've encounter this bugs a few times over the last few months so i decided to ask if anyone know how to fix this.

This happened when my .AI file and Ch puppet don't sync correctly.

So I made a change (create new layers) in the AI file then when come back to Ch, the changes didn't appear... Ch just froze. So I restart Ch and then it took a long time (3-5 minutes) to successfully launch. Then it give me an error message

"Couldn't find required path..." then point to the AI part(s)/layer(s) that didn't appear on the puppet in Ch Project. Then it start to clone itself

For example:

PuppetName (original)

PuppetName 1

PuppetName 2

PuppetName 3

....etc

The weird thing is that the clone puppet actually had the latest sync from the AI file. In some cases, this isn't a big deal if you just start recording. But the problem for me is that I already finished recording on the original puppet. So the latest changes from the AI file didn't get into my recording.

Nothing I tried has worked so far... Restarting PC, reinstall Ch, replace AI file, etc.

I lost a day of work because of this issue, if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciated it.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is a bug that will be fixed in the next version.

Are your files on a local desktop or on an external drive or cloud-backed folder? We've seen sync issues more often with those, because CH has to create and save a lot of files to work for a project - often thousands - so if those get lost in the transfer process it can lead to issues.

You could also try Window > History to roll back changes that may have caused the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, all my files is saved on my Local Drive.

As far as I remember, there's nothing on the history when it start the cloning process.

But it would be awesome if this issue is fix on next update.

Thanks as always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's strange - there should never be an instance where a sync causes you to lose all of your work.

Is it possible to share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look? And do you remember what type of edit you were making in AI before the issue happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problems with Beta 6. Every time I edit the source AI file, I get an error message and all my CH data (handles, configs, key triggers, etc) get erased and it clones my puppet multiple times.

I'm hoping we don't have to wait for another update before it's fixed because this renders the software completely unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 2 full days of troubleshooting, I think I've determined what triggers the nul error for me. In Beta 6, if you make a shareable puppet out of a puppet (example: head group) and use it more than once in another puppet, it triggers an issue when you edit your illustrator file and resync.

Basically, this occurs anytime I put a shareable puppet inside another puppet more than once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More troubleshooting:

I uninstalled beta 6 and am now using beta 5 with no issues doing the same "puppet in a puppet" method.

It's a shame, I don't get to take advantage of all the new features of beta 6, but at least I can continue making complex puppets with Beta 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I can't repro this. I gave Chloe 2 extra heads from her own shared head and made an edit to change the color of her hair - and it seems to work. Tried dragging it into another character and still worked.

Could you share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 11.32.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... Mr. OKSAMURAI, himself...

Nice to meet you. I've watched all your tutorials! You sir, have been

extremely helpful. I love what you guys are doing with CH.

I've been working with Dan Tull on this issue and he was able to repro the

error.

To recreate the same issue do this:

1. Make head of puppet shareable

2. Drag shareable puppet into original puppet

3. Close CH

4. Open illustrator puppet file, resave.

5. CH will error out and after reopening CH several times you'll get your

puppet back but all saved data (handles, key triggers, etc) will be gone.

I've downgraded to beta 5 to be able to continue working, so I can take

advantage of all the beta 6 features. I would love to see you guys fix this

error.

I'll send my puppet if you like, but I believe Dan already has it and has

been sharing it with the team to figure out a workaroumd. Let me know if

you want me to send it anyway.

Thank you sir.

Eric Cobain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're talking to Dan T you're in great hands - thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines