• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMT Subsystem Failure Error 1 when starting photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched this forum and I have not found a solution other than to reinstall photoshop. I have CS4 and all other programs work (ie Dreamweaver, Fireworks, etc.) But all of a sudden it says This product has encountered a problem which requires you restart your computer before it's launched. IF you continue to see this message after restarting your computer contact your IT personnel or Adobe. Error Code is 1. I've restarted my computer and also reinstalled the product and it still says the same thing! Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

If you can not get the dialog starting Photoshop may be a timing problem that you do not use the shortcut in time. You can  reset your user id Photoshop Preferences by renaming the folder they are in.  You may first need to change your windows view options to be able to see the folder Microsoft and Apple like to hide some folders and Files from users view. Like your User Id Application Data....

On windows rename the following Folder.

Rename:

"C:\Users\Your Used ID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you deleted your user ID Adobe Application's Preferences.  They do not get reset or replaced when you reinstall Adobe products.  If they became corrupt they are still corrupt and may be causing your problems.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS do you user. Where the are depend on your OS.  Photoshop has a shortcut you can use however it must be use within its  window of opportunity.  Start Photoshop and immediately if not sooner press and hold Shift+Alt+Ctrl if done in time Photoshop should pop up a Dialog asking if you want to delete your Preferences. Reply yes.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 8. It doesn't start. it immediately goes to the amt subsystem failure screen when I click to start it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can not get the dialog starting Photoshop may be a timing problem that you do not use the shortcut in time. You can  reset your user id Photoshop Preferences by renaming the folder they are in.  You may first need to change your windows view options to be able to see the folder Microsoft and Apple like to hide some folders and Files from users view. Like your User Id Application Data....

On windows rename the following Folder.

Rename:

"C:\Users\Your Used ID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Adobe Photoshop CS4 Settings"

to

"C:\Users\Your Used ID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Adobe Photoshop CS4 Settings Old"

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried renaming the folder and reinstalled the product. It says the same message that This product has encountered a problem which requires you restart your computer before it's launched. IF you continue to see this message after restarting your computer contact your IT personnel or Adobe. Error Code is 1. I've restarted my computer and also reinstalled the product and it still says the same thing! Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated! Please help!! I need to get this product working like yesterday!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines