3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2017 2:39 AM by Mylenium

what effect should i use to reproduce this visual (make highlights glow parallel rays) ?

ronfya Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have this shot where the tubes are spinning around her.
      WGA - blacklight - original.jpg

I want it to look like laser saber from star wars. Like this
      WGA - blacklight - laser saber.jpg

I create the shot above in FCPX using the "streaks" effect. But for some reason, it does not apply on the 5th tube. I tried to match the color and luminance of that 5th tube to the others before applying the effect, but I does not work. Didn't figure out why. It does not work even if I try do it only on the 5th tube by keying or so ... So in FCPX I cannot get that last tube glow which is annoying.

So I would like to do it in After Effects, but I have no clue what effect can I use to make the highlights glow parallel rays at an angle I can set so they are parallel to the tubes and can hide the tape & the hanging wires at the same time.

Here the angle is random so you can see what I mean
      WGA - blacklight - what the plugin does.jpg

Please note that I don't want to use generators like Beam, or Video Copilot's Saber because that would imply the use of masking and tracking when the lights get behind her head and feathers.

I gave it a shot at the Glow effect, Trapcode Shine, Trapcode Starglow, but unsucessfully.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you so much !