• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 design standard for Windows download from web says it's not in the same folder

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded CS5 part one and part two. But when I try to run the program it says it's not in the same folder. It actually is in the OS folder right next to each other. I was going to move it to a new folder, but it told me the file was open in Firefox.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sherryboas can you please post a screen shot of the current error you are experiencing?  You can find details on how to post a screen shot at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

For additional details regarding the download and installation process see How to download, install, and activate Adobe applications .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get a screen shot, but it is an Adobe dialoge box that says:

The file acrhive part of Adobe CS5 Design Standard is missing. YOu need all parts in the same folder in order to extract Adobe CS5 Design Standard. Please download all parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct Sherryboas for Windows installations of Creative Suite 5 both of the files downloaded from Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 products​ need to be located in the same folder.  If you continue to face difficulties then I would recommend using an alternate web browser or reviewing the security settings for your current web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. How do I get them to download into the same folder. The appear to me to already be sitting right next to each other in "OS" directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sherryboas can you please post a screen shot of the files you downloaded?  You can find details on how to post a screen shot at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen shot adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sherryboas it looks like Firefox may be preventing the second portion of the file from downloading.  I would recommend you utilize an alternate web browser to download the file.  Once downloaded you will then be able to double click on DesignStandard_CS5_LS1 to begin the extraction and installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it won't let me delete the file now either. It says it is open somewhere else. Any fix for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sherryboas without knowing what applications have the file in use I can only recommend that you reboot the computer.   I would recommend investigating your security software settings as it may be preventing the files from being downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines