• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Catalog Size is Bigger Than 4GB

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, catalog sizes should no longer be a hinderance to saving your metadata (according to the Adobe techies), but I keep getting a message stating: "Your catalog size is larger than 4GB. Please use 3rd party utility such as 7-zip or Stuffit Expander to extract your catalog backup". I have the most recent Lightroom version. I also have plenty of room on my external hard drive where the catalog is stored. I'm thinking of starting a new catalog instead of dealing with Stuffit. What do you think?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message is only saying that Lightroom cannot handle catalogs larger than 4 GB. It's being displayed inappropriately, and will be corrected in an upcoming program update. For the present time just check the box indicating not to show it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error- larger then 4 GB!

A bug for Mac users-

Mac Users on Backing Up: “Your Catalog Size Is Larger than 4 GB” | Laura Shoe's Lightroom Training, ...

Don't start a new catalog- it is not necessary.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a large catalog on my mac what should i do to fix this? And how will the new version help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines