I have an old Macbook, OS X 10.11.16, and using Safari 10.0.3 (as far as I can tell, the most recent version)
I have tried all the advice given on the regular sources:
- I have enabled adobe in Safari Preferences,
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled,
- last couple times I reinstalled I was sent to another Adobe page for Flash goodies,
- my computer says I have the most recent version of Adobe installed, and
- the clouds moved on the little image thing that says that if they move you are good to go...
and yet when I try to watch the BBC news clip I am interested in I get the message "Sorry, you need Flash to play this. Enable it in your browser or download Flash Player here."