3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2017 9:31 PM by JJMack

Altering a gif in CS6

jason78175775

So i have a gif of a lady sat on a chair in her bedroom and i want to remove everything but her from the image to use on top of another image, is there a way to do that without having to manually edit each layer?, of which there are over 300 so that's not really an option.

• 1. Re: Altering a gif in CS6
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

It sound to me that what you have is an animated the has many frames. When the gif is  open by Photoshop it created a layer for each frame.   When the animated gif file was save the document the gif was generated from may have had a much different structure may have had  just a few layers that were user to generate many frames. that you see in the animated gif.  It would be best if you could start fro the source document the gif was generated from rather then starting with generated many frame gif.  Is that a possibility.  Do you has access to the source used the create the animated gif.  It is possible that the lady is separated in the source document.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Altering a gif in CS6
            jason78175775 Level 1

I used a program called ScreenToGif to create a gif from a video, its just a basic recording tool that converts whatever the viewfinder captures into a gif, beyond adding text to it there is nothing more that can be done.

• 3. Re: Altering a gif in CS6
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

IMO you going about it wrong.  If you have a video and you want to remove something or extract something you should be using some powerful video editing software perhaps Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects.  I do not know for sure.  I do not process Video. 

Photoshop only has basic video editing features which would not have video object masking or extracting  features.  You also do not want the extract video frames to hundreds of layers and then manually mask a lady in the hundreds of layers no matter how great she look.

1 person found this helpful