Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow?

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the full range of CC apps and I need to get some idea of workflow from start to finish of a project.

I want to produce a chronological video including still images showing the development of my niece over a 2 year period from birth.

There is a somewhat untidy library of video clips and photos, from a range of different phones and DSLR cameras. These are in a variety of resolutions and frame rates.

To get an initial chronological ordering of all available photos and videos, would I be on the right track to use Lightroom  from which I could then select files into a project folder, also within lightroom?

LilaDuncan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is of no use to Premiere.

Get your photo's, video's etc sorted in Windows Explorer first. You can also use The Bridge for this.

On a side note: try to avoid mixing so called NTSC footage with PAL footage (framerate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll look into using Bridge. I'll try to avoid mixing the types of files you mention.

Lila:-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is correct, that Lightroom and PrPro are not at all connected. Unfortunately, Adobe has no database program for video media & assets. Lr can catalog video media of certain formats, but it can only store metadata you enter for them into its own database, it does not write that to the video files.

You can catalog, date, and view certain formats/codecs within Lr, so you know where your media of certain things exists. But then to use, you need to start up PrPro, and in the Media browser, navigate to the files and import them into PrPro.

Next ... "import" in Lr means the program stores the data on the files in its database. While PrPro uses a database, it's only for any specific project file, and does nothing about keeping track of media & metadata in general.

"Import" in PrPro then is only about adding the media to the specific project file you're adding it into ... but again, there's no overall PrPro database file for general use.

If Prelude had a database section similar to Lightroom, or LIghtroom was given better video codec & metadata support, it would be a HUGE step forward.

So as of this date, for most purposes, Bridge is as good as Adobe gets.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Neil,

your explanation made things so much clearer for me.

As you suggested, Bridge is the closest I can currently get to external organization of Premiere Pro files.

Maybe it's my inexperience that leaves me with the understanding that the only realistic way to edit and develop metadata for Premiere Pro, is within Premiere itself.

Please excuse the delay in my reply, I was changing countries.

Lila:-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing countries might delay one a bit ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines