• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to submit form without overriding CRM form field value?

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have extended the CRM database by creating a CRM form with 5 new fields. I have created a web form which uses these new CRM fields. One of the fields already has a value in the database and I would like users to complete the form without overriding the value of that field (but also providing new values for the other 4 fields).

I have tried hiding the field. I have tried removing the field altogether. But the field is still overridden.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to pre-populate that field with the customer data, so effectively it's overridden with the same data on submission.

If you insert the 'Update User Details form' form through the admin and choose to add CRM fields, it will give you all the code and system tags for doing this [from the module toolbox: 'Site Modules' > 'Secure Zones' > 'User Update Details form' > then select CRM fields].

Of course, the customer needs to be logged in for this... and there may be some additional complexities here depending on how you have it setup (if you are using regular webform(?) or the customer update form, how you have the CRM fields applied, whether the form is capturing directly to the customer record or to a case, etc...), but hopefully the system module tags to pre-populate the data helps you solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines