Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating of Premiere Pro CC2015 + Audition

Engaged ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm currently working with Adobe Premiere Pro CC2015.2 (build 9.2.0) and Adobe Audition CC2015.1 (build 8.1.0.162).

I would like to upgrade the newer versions of these, whilst maintaining the versions I currently have installed.

I'm working towards completion of a major project and I'm reticent to take any risks which might potentially mess up my work in dynamically linked PP projects and Audition multitrack sessions, however my current version of Premiere Pro doesn't allow me open captions which I would like to use.

I've been told there are "advanced options" in Creative Cloud which give the option NOT to delete previous versions of apps whilst updating, but I get no dialogue box when I click on "update" to allow me to do this.

I repeat, I'm reaching completion of a big project and I just can't afford to take risks so I do need to know I can still access the versions of Premiere and Audition I'm currently using in case there is an issue.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finish major project first then upgrade.

The option is somewhat buried under Advanced Options

Tip: Keep previous version of Adobe Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann, my instinct of course is to finish the major project first. HOWEVER I want to use open captions which are not available in Premiere Pro CC2015.2, hence I'm trying to find out how to upgrade and keep the previous version installed.

In case I didn't make this clear in my original post I GET NO DIALOGUE BOX FROM WHICH I CAN SELECT "ADVANCED OPTIONS".

If I click on update on any of my apps, they simply start updating.

I have a feeling I have previously selected to keep previous versions, but since currently this dialogue box with the advanced options is not appearing, I have no way of knowing if the update is overwriting my current version (which as you can see I need to avoid).

So really my question is:

Why am I not seeing this dialogue box which gives me the option of keeping currently installed software versions? And how can I access this?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines