2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2008 8:30 AM by Newsgroup_User

flex image library

stuartybogle
      Can someone please help me. I have been asked to create a simple image library in Flex. Basically i need it to display images when a user inputs their search option. When the searched items appear, i would like the user to be able to click on the image to inlarge it, and also click again to return to previous screen. Can anyone point me to a tutorial. I am new to Flex so the more detailed the tutorial the better.

I came across the Flicker tutorial but the images need to be stored on a local computer and searched through the computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
        • 1. Re: flex image library
          g-s-b Level 1
          Well, I would suggest that you start with your Data Model design.
          Decide what data and how to get it into Flex.

I use PHP to generate a dynamic XML list from a Files directory.
          I call this in Flex and put the results into an XMLListCollection.

If you set up such, and in Flex simply "trace" some data to validate your data, you will be most of the way there.

Now with the data in Flex, all you need to do is decide on "how you want to visually present the data."

Ask smaller questions as you go and you may find better responses.

• 2. Re: flex image library
            Level 7

"g-s-b" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:g8ugdu$60l$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Well, I would suggest that you start with your Data Model design.
            > Decide what data and how to get it into Flex.
            >
            > I use PHP to generate a dynamic XML list from a Files directory.
            > I call this in Flex and put the results into an XMLListCollection.
            >
            > If you set up such, and in Flex simply "trace" some data to validate your
            > data, you will be most of the way there.
            >
            > Now with the data in Flex, all you need to do is decide on "how you want
            > to
            > visually present the data."
            >
            > Ask smaller questions as you go and you may find better responses.

If he wants to be able to browse locally, he'll need to use AIR, not PHP.