Please provide the following screenshots (see How do I attach a screenshot?)
- Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features - showing the PPAPI pluing installed (ensure the Version column is visible)
- directory contents of C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash andC:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
- Opera about:plugins Flash Player section with details listed (click the Show Details button at the top right of the page to display the plugin details)
- Opera settings page 'websites' section - screenshot of the 'Flash section'
- Does the behaviour reproduce on with other Flash content (something not requiring an account to view)? If so, provide the direct link to that content.
Hello Maria,thanks for the fast response,here are the screenshots you asked for.
1.-Wasn´t exactly sure so i attached these two
2.-I forgot to mention i tried to copy this folder from my notebook(with same opera 43 and latest flash),which is working properly , but it didn´t do anything so i deleted everything in it(previously there was just the "FlashInstall" text document if I remember correctly in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash . and here is the screenshot from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
3.-No flash plugin in there as i stated in the original post
4.-Sorry my OS is not in english but you will figure it out
5.- Youtube and Twitch works without flash player so the only thing that comes to my mind is the UFC fight pass (that´s where i discovered something is wrong after the flash update)
Thanks for now, if you need any more info i will provide it, just ask.
Thanks for posting the screenshots.
Did you have Opera open when you installed Flash Player? If so, have you restarted the browser since installing Flash Player? If not, restart the browser and see if it loads the plugin.
I tried reinstalling it numerous times,yes of course i restarted the browser.The same thing,it shows it is installed in the control panel but it doesn´t work and the plugin isn´t there. Can it have something to do with the blank Flash folder in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ? Why doesn´t flash player ask for the destination folder when istalling ? maybe the flash has a wrong path thats why Opera doesn´t recognize it ? I´m really out of ideas.
Isn´t there a way to get a flash player plugin on it´s own? Like shockwave in Firefox for example?
Thanks for now
Sorry, I missed the previous comment about the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash directory. Flash Player is coded to install to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash and the browsers know to look in these directories for Flash Player. If Opera is looking in the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash for the plugin and it's not there then that would explain why it's not loading the plugin. Is there anything in the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash directory right now, especially the FlashInstall.log file with a recent date and time stamp? This is the log file Flash Player writes to during installation. If there's an issue it would be there, however, I'd expect the installer to return an error if there was an issue writing to that directory.
You can try the following:
- Download the uninstaller posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows
- Download the PPAPI installer from get.adobe.com\flashplayer
- Close every application that may use Flash Player
- Run the uninstaller downloaded in step 1
- After the uninstaller completes to go C:\Windows\System32 and delete the Macromed\Flash directory
- Reboot the system
- Make sure any application that may use Flash Player is not running
- Run the installer downloaded in step 2
- After the installation completes go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.
- The directory should contain the following files:
I'm not sure what you mean by "Isn´t there a way to get a flash player plugin on it´s own? Like shockwave in Firefox for example?"
So I tried the steps you suggested and after the instalation ,there was nothing in the Flash folder.Not even the FlashInstall log . I guess It´s not installing in the right directory,(?)but in control panel it shows it is installed and there is no error message while installing.
This is the FlashInstall log from before (at least i think so)
And what i meant by the flash plugin on it´s own- If there is a way to get the flash player plugin without this installer.For example like adblock plugin; without instalation just straight in to Opera plugins.But i don ´t think there is such an option.
anyways,do you have anything else in mind that could resolve the issue? Thanks for the replies