Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 - layer effect unique for single layer

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

for example, if I use "bevel and Emboss" on several of my layers and make a change in one of these layers, then automatically changes all the layers that have the same effect.
How can I use "layer effects" on several layers, but without the influence each other, want to use layer effect that use/have  the same function but with different settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

steenmikkelsen2  wrote

Hi

for example, if I use "bevel and Emboss" on several of my layers and make a change in one of these layers, then automatically changes all the layers that have the same effect.

How do you do that. ?  That not the way layer  style are rendered.

Layer styles are rendered for the layer they are on not other layers.

Layer style on a group are rendered for the groups composite not the layers  in the group sometimes it may look like they are rendered for the layers in the group bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steenmikkelsen2  wrote

Hi

How do you do that. ?  That not the way layer  style are rendered.

Layer styles are rendered for the layer they are on not other layers.

Layer style on a group are rendered for the groups composite not the layers  in the group sometimes it may look like they are rendered for the layers in the group but that is not the case. Look  at this example where the layers contents overlap.  You can clearly see that they are being rendered for the layers composite. If the layers contents do not overlap it would look like there rendered for each layer in the group.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UNcheck Use Global Light

Screenshot - 28_02_2017 , 20_38_51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines