4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 3:44 PM by nclarkbr

I canceled a free trial for Adobe Stock Images but it kept billing me.

nclarkbr Level 1

I signed up for a free trial on Adobe Stock Images and canceled the plan a day or two after I signed up for the free trial. It clearly says on their page:

• Get 10 Adobe Stock standard assets with your free 30-day trial
      • You won't be charged until your 2nd month when you sign up for one year of Adobe Stock (10 assets a month plan) at US$29.99/mo. (plus applicable taxes)
      • Cancel risk free within the first month

Well, little did I know, despite canceling the plan, Adobe continued to bill me over the past 3 months. Then, when I discovered the problem, they charged me a cancellation fee to prevent them from charging me any more money!

I just called their customer service and they put me through to several people and then suddenly hung up on me without warning. I've tried calling them again and will see if they'll even call me back. How can I trust a supposedly reputable service if they can't even have the decency to talk to me about the issue. I was not rude in any way and will continue trying to be reimbursed.

• 1. Re: I canceled a free trial for Adobe Stock Images but it kept billing me.
          Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

Hi nclarkbr

Sorry for the frustrating experience.  I will look into this and get it resolved.

Can I ask if you received the email confirmation of the cancellation back in November as we have no record of the cancellation in our system, so would like to investigate this further.

Kind regards

Bev

• 2. Re: I canceled a free trial for Adobe Stock Images but it kept billing me.
            nclarkbr Level 1

Bev,

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate you helping me out with

this issue.

I have absolute confidence in the fact that I cancelled this service. I

also received an email saying that I had cancelled. I unfortunately cannot

provide you with the email because I deleted it long ago, thinking it

unnecessary to keep an email for a service I no longer subscribe to. Would

you keep every email from every service you have unsubscribed from?

However, If you want some evidence, you can clearly see from my history

that I downloaded just 10 pictures on the first day that I signed up for

the free trial and haven't downloaded any since then.

It seems as if Adobe is scamming me, and I'm just not sure what to do

because it is a huge financial burden to my wife and I. Based on my

research, I am not the only one who has been taken advantage of in this

way. It appears that many others have had this same experience...they

signed up for the free trial, deleted it a few days later only to be

continually billed and forced to pay an astronomical fee to RE-cancel it

while Adobe claims they never cancelled at all.

I am really disappointed with Adobe as a company right now. I have used

adobe multiple times in the past, and I was planning to recommend it to my

friends, but now there is no way I could do that unless this is

resolved.What would you do if you were in my situation? Is there anything

else I could do to be reimbursed that $128? Can you get me in contact with

someone who can do this for me?

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 6:13 AM, Beverley Gray <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: I canceled a free trial for Adobe Stock Images but it kept billing me.
              Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

Hi there

I've sent you a private message with further details.

Kind regards

Bev

• 4. Re: I canceled a free trial for Adobe Stock Images but it kept billing me.
                nclarkbr Level 1

I would like everyone to know that Adobe representatives were quick to respond to my concerns. Though I didn't have much success talking on the phone, the forum rep was very polite and responsive. They have since reimbursed me for all the months I was being charged for the service as well as the cancellation fee.

1 person found this helpful