2 people found this helpful
When you do a find/replace font are you checking to modify style sheets? The missing font could be embedded in a style sheet causing you to have ongoing errors.
It could be that the font seems to have the same name as the one installed on your system but is actually a different font.
I also had a similar issue when a font management software tried to 'fix' a font in the background and corrupted it so it was unusable.
As you are inheriting a file from a previous designer, there are a few places to check is stray text exists: hidden layers, text on pasteboards that are hard to see, illustrator files placed in InDesign that use the font creating the issue.
From my experience there is often a paragraph or character style where the font is supposed to be used.
I did have that problem in the beginning. New Baskerville was already on my computer and I had to sort through and figure out which was the correct one. I've had that problem with other common fonts like Futura and Helvetica. Thanks for your reply.
1 person found this helpful
I located the problem. I had checked the paragraph styles for the font but there was just one character style that had the wrong font selected. I changed that and everything is working fine now. Thanks!