Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile sync order - lost adjustments

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm a new subscriber of Creative Cloud. My workflow is:

Import photos to desktop Lightroom, upload to LR mobile, cull and edit on the iPad, get back to (possibly another) desktop Lightroom with the same catalog, receive the changes from the cloud, export.

Today I experienced the following issue:

I installed desktop Lightroom on a computer and opened the catalog which contained images that I had previously selected and edited on the iPad, and successfully synced to the cloud. Instead of receiving my edits, desktop Lightroom synced "metadata" (that's what I read at the Preferences/Lightroom mobile/Sync Activity list) for all 4080 photos, restoring most of my edits so far. Luckily, I hadn't gone through everything yet and I lost just a couple of hours' work.

However, this is a significant problem. How can I make sure this doesn't happen again? I was not asked by desktop Lightroom whether or not I wanted to overwrite anything. It just started resyncing everything, undoing my edits.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Lightroom can only sync to one Catalog if you attempt to sync another Catalog the work and files from the other Catalog will be removed from the Adobe Cloud synced files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom can only sync to one Catalog if you attempt to sync another Catalog the work and files from the other Catalog will be removed from the Adobe Cloud synced files.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines