9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 9:59 AM by try67

I have multiple equations that interconnect within fields

DPageR

First off, I am NOT a scripter. I've learned from this Forum (lots of script "lifting") and reading. This is a little more complicated for me than the usual question.

Users are submitting a form in which they will enter a current salary, a maximum they cannot exceed (required field) and then they will either enter a percentage for the increase that calculates the new salary OR they might enter their own "new" salary which cannot exceed the maximum and shouldn't exceed the 5%, but could (there are conditions outside of the form that would allow more than 5%). I have a hidden field that will automatically calculate the new salary if the user inputs the percentage. When it comes to choice, I don't have the option to require them to fill out one field or the other; some may pick percentage and some may chose to enter the new salary themselves.

Is there a way to make both fields "available" to the user (conditional), but exclusively validated. I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

The fields are

PAY1 (current salary)

Percentage

PAY2 (new salary)

POSMax (the required budgeted maximum salary for the position)

Calculation (hidden field with simplified field notation: PAY1*Percentage*.01)

The PAY2 field has value sum "PAY1, calculation" and also a custom validation script:  if (event.value==0) event.value =""; so that nothing shows in the field until the calculation is completed.

The Percentage field also has the custom validation script to keep it blank.