• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PShop wrote corrupted jpeg files

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

long shot here...  I run photo7 on a mac to run a big scsi scanner...  and it has worked excellently for several years...
===
but recently I scanned a couple hundred images and took them to the PC which informed me and showed me via the non-preview icons that half of them were corrupted.
Went back to the mac, icons show okay, but pshop7 still says "invalid format" when trying to open them.
----
they were all scanned with the same parameters
and it's not a consistent issue.. four are good then two bad the two good four bad...
---

technical info these are 30m give or take one or two
---
scanning machine is an old mac with dual g-4s two gigs ram, running photo7 under os9 --- scanner is a Umax 2100 xl.
I have been using this setup for 6 years ... thousands of scans --- nothing like this...
---

(last batch of 100 scans fine)
---
so anyone have a clue as to what the issue is? how to fix it?
I can probably go back and work on the resource forks on the os9 machine.
---
by saying Pshop wrote corrupted files... it reported no issues writing them ... just won't open them any more... on that machine or on other machine with other versions of PS.
---
the sizes listed are pretty much all the same... but the ones that don't open include the "file may be to large" which suggests the header is corrupted not the file.
===
thanks

yes, I've used PS since version 1 on a mac plus and just finished a year of using CC on my dual xeon pc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Hi alanbard,

It seems to be a driver related issue if files are saved corrupted. Please try reinstalling the printer drivers and also restore your Photoshop preferences to see if that helps.See Preferences in Photoshop

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi alanbard,

It seems to be a driver related issue if files are saved corrupted. Please try reinstalling the printer drivers and also restore your Photoshop preferences to see if that helps.See Preferences in Photoshop

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines