1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2008 10:43 PM by Newsgroup_User

Bug web services /Flex

annesoc
      Hello!

I am currently developing a Flex application.Its aim is to display some data, to make calculations,to display charts and to save scenarios created from the data typed by the user.To link my database and the interface I use Web Services.

Data base : MYSQL 5.0 (local base)
      Server : Tomcat 5.5
      Framework for generating and deploying Web services : Axis 1.4
      Language of the web services : Java

The problem I have,is that I keep on having error messages on Flex side when I call a web service.It is always the same message, there is just the parameter position which changes.

"[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="Array of input arguments did not contain a required parameter at position 2" faultCode="EncodingError" faultDetail="null"] messageId=null type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]"

This error prevents the web service from working correctly. Either it is not working at all (the data are not loaded in the database or not displayed on screen),or it is half working.It is very unpredictable.

Sometimes (not always!) an exception occurs in the Tomcat console window :

"Failed to update soap:address location URL(s) in WSDL.
      java.util.ConcurrentModificationException"

It would mean that there is a concurrent access issue since the WS access and modify the database,and as they are asynchronous...
      Though,my Java methods are synchronized ("public synchronized void method()" ) and I tried to make the web services synchronous on Flex side, by calling them in a sequential manner : when the first operation is done,the second one is called etc.

I've made some tests and I am sure that the bug is on the server side : when an operation in a WS doesn't work,it is called on Flex side but the corresponding Java operation is not called,so the result handler is not called neither.
      I really don't understand when it could come from...

If you could help me,it would be great :)
      Thanks in advance,