Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer continues to print when there is no paper Photoshop Problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

The past week the printer (Epson) head continues to move as its printing (without laying any ink) without a paper being underneath the print head.

For example: If I were to print on a 8.5x11 and the image goes up half the page, it print up until then, then the head continues to move back and fourth without printing until the whole paper is spat out. Since this started, the colors are not printed the same way as before (they are much lighter) even though the problem of the print head continuing.

That said, in the beginning I thought it was the printer problem, so I had another printer and tried it out and SAME THING HAPPENED!  The print head continues after printing the image. For the color handling, I put printer manages colors. It is the only setting that I get the best results. On this settings; the printer head will continue to move. If I change the settings (let photoshop manage colors and/or print from illustrator), the printer will print "normally"  except the colors do not come correctly. I NEED it to be under those settings.

I restarted Photoshop, restarted the computer, deleted all of the preferences (ctrl-alt-shift) and nothing... I did the spacebar print and nothing...

Has anyone had this issue before?

Anything else I can do. I am out of ideas...

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

...so I went to my friends and printed the design from his photoshop and it worked. He had 2017 but I am hoping it has nothing to do with the older version.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So update. I just noticed that the canvas size is 25" by 18". It is suppose to be 5.8 x 8.3... Maybe that is the reason why the print head continues to print (without laying any ink). I changed the size but it still prints the same way. Maybe it constantly thinks it is that large? 

Any input?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thinking out loud, the statement above does not explain the change of the colors. Maybe something has gone off for the color to change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot of your printer settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printer Settings.pngThis is the correct setting that I have been using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I should have specified, please include the preview image (to the left of the dialog) and position and size info. Also could you include a shot of your Print Settings.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printer Settings.pngPrinter settings 2.pngEarlier randomly I checked the canvas size and it said the image was 24 x 18. It had changed by itself. I noticed that another time, but I did not give it much thought...   The image size is 5.8 x 8.3. A5 sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things to try:

- Try printing to a different paper size (to see if it is a problem with all paper sizes).

- Try making a custom paper size equal to A5 (to see if there's something wrong with that specific page size).

- Try reinstalling your driver (if none of the above gets any results).

Let me know the results please.

-Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No...

- I printed in a 8.5 x 11 and it is still doing the same thing.

- I made a custom paper size to a5 and still with the same issue.

- I reinstalled the driver a few times (I also plugged in another printer with the same issue so it cannot be the printer)

I wonder if uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop will do the trick.

Any other advice before I go down that route?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried printing from another program besides Photoshop? That would be my final suggestion. If printing in another program works, I would try re-installing Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried printing from illustrator but it does not have the option of letting the printer decide the colors; the colors do not come out correctly. It is just stuck on those specific settings.

Yea, I'll go ahead and do that. Hopefully it will erase/fix whatever it needs to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...so I went to my friends and printed the design from his photoshop and it worked. He had 2017 but I am hoping it has nothing to do with the older version.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines