• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Panels Disappear - NOT a "Tab" Key Issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really weird and has been going on for weeks...when Lightroom has been minimized and I go to activate it, the area where the panels should be are either dark or they're missing.  If I quit Lightroom, I notice that when the message about backing up my catalog appears, the middle screen disappears, but all the panels are suddenly there -- as if they were hiding BEHIND Lightroom before they, too, disappear.  It's as if I was running two separate programs.  When I restart, everything is hunky dory -- until the next time I minimize it.  Quit, restart, repeat.  When I called Adobe, the tech eventually reset my Lightroom preferences and called it a day because when it restarted, all the panels were there.   I've optimized my Lightroom catalog but that didn't change anything either.  But the situation continues to occur.  Any other ideas out there as to what may be going on and/or how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Since you didn't mention your operating system and you didn't mention what version of Lightroom you are using, I can guess that this is your problem, but of course depending on your operating system and version of Lightroom, the problem might be something else.

Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Family Customer Commun…

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you didn't mention your operating system and you didn't mention what version of Lightroom you are using, I can guess that this is your problem, but of course depending on your operating system and version of Lightroom, the problem might be something else.

Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I did omit that info.  Not used to these forums.  I'm running a Mac with Sierra OS 10.12.13 installed and Lightroom CC 2015.8.  Didn't realize others were experiencing the same issue and just saw a potential solution in rolling LR back to the previous version.  Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like the right solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  Did it work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having suffered this problem in Lightroom CC 2015.8 I hoped that the recently released 2015.9 would have fixed it. But no, the panels still go missing. I've finally rolled back to 2015.7 and have not had the problem since.

(Mac OS 10.11.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add your vote here: Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I, too, still have the problem. However, rather than roll back to 2015.7,

I'm using a quick technique another member of the discussion described,

which is simply, Command H, then Command Tab. Works fast and no rollback.

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 9:42 AM, John Mallinson <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines