I seem to be having an issue where fonts will not sync when I first start any adobe program that uses Typekit fonts. The dialog will display, recognising that Typekit fonts are used, but they will be in a "forever syncing" state if you select [sync fonts] (eventually it stops trying and you can hit the [sync fonts] button again - see below).
The only remedy I've found so far is that I must sign out of CC in the CC desktop application and sign back in, sometimes I even have to go into the CC preferences and tun off typekit and turn it back on as well. (below menu).
Is there a fix in the work for this? It's not a deal breaker or a game changer but it would save me a few minutes every time I open an AI or INDD file (I usually work with 8 - 10 files a day).
Thanks in advance!
I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this! We will need to take a look at the sync logs from your computer to see if they show why the fonts are regularly unavailable to you.
The next time you open a document and the fonts aren't available:
1) make a note of the time by the computer's clock
2) check a system program, such as Notes or Notepad: are your synced fonts listed in the font menu there?
3) send the answers to 1 & 2 to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the log file from your computer for that day.
On OS X:
1. Open the Finder
2. under the Go menu, select "Go To Folder"
3. in the window that opens, type: ~/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/CoreSync/
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. The log folder is hidden by default, so make sure that hidden folders and files are visible. Under the Organize menu, select Preferences and then the View tab. Choose the "Show hidden files, folders, & drives." option, then click Apply to confirm the changes.
3. Go to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\CoreSync\
where "(username)" is the name of your user folder on your computer.
Attach today's CoreSync-yyyy-MM-dd.log files to an email. If you run the test today, for example, the file will be named CoreSync-2017-03-02.log. (Please don't send a zip file, as they often get flagged as spam.)
Thanks for your help!