• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Not Working on Mac OS.

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Safari 10.0.3. Have followed the instructions to enable the flash player and i still am unable to watch any video content on my Mac? Please help...new to Mac and it's beyond frustrating to not be able to watch any content.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am kind of having the same problem. Does your siri work? I'm trying to find answers about that and I am unable to delete Adobe Flash Player. I'm frustrated as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@emilyh57462525

Is your issue the 'same' as the OP?  'kinda the same' is not the same.  If you are experiencing the same issue as the OP, please provide the same information as I requested from the OP.  If your issue is not the same (unable to uninstall Flash Player is not the same as not being able to view Flash content), please start a new discussion topic for your issue and provide the information in the Read Before Posting: How To Get A Useful Answer To Your Question  FAQ.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't recognized Adobe when I was on the adobe website and testing to see if it was installed, which I had installed it a few days prior. So not only did it not recognize it during the test, my siri isn't working on my macbook. I am also unable to bring up any prompts like on safari to allow siri to use my microphone to recognize me. Siri worked normal before installing adobe flash.

Update: Since I have posted this everything seems to be working. This includes when I test to see if I have adobe installed. No more problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the update that everything is working now.  I suspect there was something else going on, that has since been resolved, as the behaviour you describe with Safari & Siri are not related to Flash Player.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@imsmr

Please do the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very interesting...i did what you asked and got successful confirmation of installation and then saw another post that stated theirs was now working...went to test mine and after a week of not being able to see any content that uses adobe flash, it is all working now! AWESOME! thanks for replying and trying to help btw @m_vargas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi imsmr ,

Glad is working for you now.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 3.27.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked on this all day.  Yesterday I was able to watch video and listen to audio on my Mac but now that I need to take classes today I can't get it to work.  I have the latest version of Flash; I've tried both Chrome and Safari and deleted my cookies and history and still can't get the video to work.  I can hear the audio to the videos but no video content plays w/ it.

Any new suggestions?

Thanks,

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try enabling Flash Player for Chrome: Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help and Safari browser: Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done all of that, multiple times.  I've updated my Mac, I've made sure both Chrome & Safari have the latest versions, I've installed and uninstalled Flash, I've enabled Flash and disabled Flash and enabled it again in both Chrome and Safari.  None of that has worked!  I've restarted the computer multiple times as well.

My Mac is only 1 year old.  It's the latest version of a MacBook Pro you can get right now.

What's next?

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the link to the content that is not working?

Is it only this content that is not working, and other content is working?

Have you contacted the content provider?  If other content is working, and this content is not, it's quite possible it's an issue on the content provider's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A link to a video that demonstrates the problem would definitely be helpful.

Since you can hear video but not see it, one of two possibilities is true:

1. Flash Player is running, but video isn't getting rendered to the screen
  2. The video isn't Flash based.  It isn't working, but you're looking at the wrong product for a solution.

If you right-click on the area where the video should be and see About Adobe Flash Player, then it's definitely a Flash Player problem.

If that's the case, try disabling hardware acceleration.

It's covered in the video troubleshooting guide, here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If you right-click on the area where the video should be and you don't see About Adobe Flash Player, then it's probably HTML5 video.

You might be able to disable hardware acceleration in that browser as an experiment.  If video starts working, then it's a driver problem that Apple will need to correct.  If you're not running the latest version of MacOS, that might be a good reason to upgrade.  Either way, it's most likely not a Flash issue.  I could tell you definitively if I had a link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Every1,

The issue I seem to have with the latest version of FlashPlayer is when playing a game called GoodGameEmpire (GGE).

On the Forums of GGE there is many discussions about the fact that the latest upgrade of the game is not compatible with the latest version of FlashPlayer, do Adobe know about that.

FYI-i can still view and hear videos online, it seems only GGE is affected by the recent FlashPlayer upgrade, many of us actually can't even log into the game.

Any assistance with getting this resolved ASAP would be greatly appreciated many GGE people have not been able to log onto their game since Thursday/Friday15thJune.

Cheers and have a great weekend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Also, what does "not compatible" mean in this scenario?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines