• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button "Up, Over, Down" States Properties Not Coming Up

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hard to describe in text but here it goes... I am attempting to create a button in Animate on a web banner. I am using the HTML5 option. I have converted the graphic that I am using for the button into a symbol (button). I have double clicked on it so that I am in the "button timeline". I convert the "up, over, and down" states into key frames. I click on the "over" state and then attempt to modify the properties as to create a "glow" on the button but the properties panel does not give me the option. The properties panel just gives the main options of "label" and "sound". I have watched several tutorials and can't seem to figure out where I'm going wrong. Can someone please help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

if you want to use the button in html 5 you must do the steps:

1. select the button from your scene then go to the properties and in the instance name add any name you want

2. add new layer then add action to that layer (the action you will do must be on the same level of button keyframe, what i mean if you button in layer A and its start at the frame No. 10 so the action layer you must do at the same frame No.

3. then add the is code :

this.stop();

/* Click to Go to Web Page

Clicking on the specified

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

filters have to be applied to objects, not shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey

i hope your doing well

see let me explain in steps to make it easy to understand

1. as what you said you have html5 file so when you place the image or draw shape convert it to button symbol

2. when you double click to see the button time line and you are planning to any thing from filter (lets say on over section) add key frame there

3. select the object and again convert it to movie clip symbol that mean now we have nested symbols but dont double click just select it and you will notice that the filter is available and you can add any filter from the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thank you so much... It worked... So basically for every state the button image need to be converted to a symbol (button). Can you please answer one more question? The next step would obviously be how to I make it clickable so that it goes to a specific URL? Do I do that in the regular timeline (on the button layer) or the add the code snipet in the button timeline? What is the actual procedure to add an HTML5 coded URL? Thank you so much for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do that on the timeline that contains the button.  give the button an instance name in the properties panel (in the first keyframe that contain the button) and use

yourbutton.addEventListener(..etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to use the button in html 5 you must do the steps:

1. select the button from your scene then go to the properties and in the instance name add any name you want

2. add new layer then add action to that layer (the action you will do must be on the same level of button keyframe, what i mean if you button in layer A and its start at the frame No. 10 so the action layer you must do at the same frame No.

3. then add the is code :

this.stop();

/* Click to Go to Web Page

Clicking on the specified symbol instance loads the URL in a new browser window.

Instructions:

1. Replace http://www.adobe.com with the desired URL address.

Keep the quotation marks ("").

*/

this.test.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToWebPage);

function fl_ClickToGoToWebPage() {

window.open("http://www.adobe.com", "_blank");

}

Now if you can't do the same code or if you didn't understand how we did it, just select button after you add the instance name then go to window > then choose code snippet > then from the window select >html navigation  > then action > from the list select  go to the web page and it will prepare every thing for you.

i hope if its ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ahmad! This was incredibly helpful! I was able to figure out how to get the button to work. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your most welcome  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines