• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Export PDF convert Adobe DRM pdf files to word docs?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Export PDF, but it does not appear to work for pdf's that lauch under drm requiring sign on and pw to view within Adobe DC. Could someone kindly let me know if this has worked for them or if you know that it will not work?

I have dyslexia and used learning assist technology that sometimes works better on ms docs, rather than a standard pdf.

Thank you!

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Douglasp1985,

It depends on the document properties, If it is a secure document and you don't have the permission to make changes in the file then it wont work with the Export pdf service otherwise it should let you edit the file.

As mentioned above, its DRM pdf which has its own security. You may please check the document properties to see whether changes are restricted or not?

Open file> Document Properties (right click on file)> Security

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankanncha,

Ok, I believe I understand. I checked the securities tab and found that all permissions were allowed, except for 'Special Permissions'.

I tried to enable Special Permissions using the Advanced button, hoping this might work, but do not know if/ how to take any next steps to enable the Special Permissions? Or whether it even matters relative to my goal?

I am a layperson with respect to computers so please advise if you believe there is anything else I can do. I tried to convert again, but I received both the 'coversion failed' message and an error message that I still do not have the proper permissions again.

Do I just need to upgrade to the Adobe PDF Pack or will I run into similar problems?

Thank you for your assistance to date and for any additional guidance you can provide.

Respectfully,

Douglas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Douglas,

Really sorry for the delay in response to your last message.

Would that be possible for you to share the document with us or a sample file so that we would reproduce the same at our end to test?

You may check the inbox, I have shared an email address via private message.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources