7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2017 9:35 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

About Trim..

masudr6167678 Level 1

Hi I am a post production worker. I am looking for a solution about trim. When I trim an image by one layer it deletes other area from all layer. Photoshop has an option in cropping that won't delete other area.But I need it in trim.

So, If anyone know this please tell me.

• 1. Re: About Trim..
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

The description of your procedure seems incomplete.

Pelase describe the exact steps, maybe with the help of screenshots.

• 2. Re: About Trim..
            Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Trim is document based. In that it affects all layers not just a single layer.

You can however use a selection and create a mask for that layer, then if you want apply the mask.

Like so -

2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: About Trim..
              Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A quicker way would be to invert the selection and hit the delete key.

• 4. Re: About Trim..
                masudr6167678 Level 1

I know this idea but I need this on trim may be it's not possible in Photoshop. I tried in many ways.

Thanks for helping me.

• 5. Re: About Trim..
                  c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Once again: Your description seems incomplete. What exactly are you doing?

Why »Trim« exactly? Have you considered using the crop Tool?

• 6. Re: About Trim..
                    masudr6167678 Level 1

If I explain my whole idea that will be complex.

I want to make an complete action that where will set complete guideline of image. like

UCScreenshot20170304114404.png

I want to make it in action. I tried in many ways. My every image has different size so if I crop and record in action it won't be completed for every image. Because action record how much pixel left from top and left side. If I trim the model and set my guideline by canvas then I can see my background layer nothing have without model area. I need to keep shadow in this image. If I keep shadow before trim I can't set my guideline in action. That's  why I am finding the way that when I'll trim any images and expand size by canvas my background layer will be kept. Then I can keep my natural shadow by action also.

All these process I want make by action that's why I told you only the trim. Hope you understand now.

Thanks

• 7. Re: About Trim..
                      c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

If I explain my whole idea that will be complex.

Unfortunately I find your explanation unclear to say the least, you omitted the Layers Panel in the screenshot for example …

What are the guides good for anyway and how are they defined?