6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 9:23 PM by winofigments2

REALLY Sucks to be stuck in Membership with Adobe

sagesbs

THIS IS A RANT. THIS IS ONLY A RANT.  Nothing helpful from me in this post. HOWEVER, IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING THAT I DO NOT, PLEASE REPLY.

Foolishly, I missed the window to cancel my Adobe Stock membership without penalty. (But, hey, I'm the idiot that did not notice the $30US auto-payment debits until 3-months had passed.)  When I attempted to cancel, it required $140US to end my membership. WHAT?! Hell no. So then the Adobe site offered me 3-months off. HOORAY!! But of course I've still got to payout month-to-month after the "break".  BOO!

So, as the next $30US payment is sneaking up, I'm asked to make a website, and thought to change from Stock to Photoshop or Dreamweaver to make use of this "forced" membership. BRILLIANT! But the conversion will make the month-to-month amount increase to $50US. In the end, it feels like extortion to use anything Adobe because of the membership cancellation "penalty".

It is like.... "What? You thought you needed to poop, and you only needed to pee? That will cost you $20 to LEAVE without pooping."

Sucks. Hooray for FINE PRINT MEMBERSHIP CLAUSES at their finest.

Thank you for your time. Have a productive day!