Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color stripes in dng

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I convert my raw-files to dng at the import, in some photos it turns up color stripes. They are not present when I have imported the pictures but as soon as the converting starts some pictures are affected. What to do?

/Gert20170302_DSK0356.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

This is a hardware malfunction somewhere, causing the files to become corrupted. It could be the card reader or USB cable/USB port, bad camera card, hard disk going bad or computer memory going bad.

The fact that they look okay initially is because you are seeing the JPG preview in the file, which is often not corrupted even though the RAW image is corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a hardware malfunction somewhere, causing the files to become corrupted. It could be the card reader or USB cable/USB port, bad camera card, hard disk going bad or computer memory going bad.

The fact that they look okay initially is because you are seeing the JPG preview in the file, which is often not corrupted even though the RAW image is corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I studied it a little more I realized that it was when some presets I had automatically on the import was don that the problem occur d, not  when the dng conversion was made. It isn't the cards because it looks the same even with new ones. When I import them once again it usually becomes ok. I will try next time not to have the presets. Seems as that might be the problem.

/Gert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be shocked if a preset did this change to the images. I can't image how such a preset would be created. But let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an ordinary preset with sharpness, contrast, clarity and some other things you usually do to all your pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ordinary presets don't have the effect that you show in your screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines