2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2017 2:35 AM by richards12087158

Why is InDesign now unable to sync fonts from Typekit?

richards12087158

Just a few days a go I could use fonts from Typekit in InDesign. Now InDesign states that it is unable to sync fonts being used in the same document.

CC desktop shows that the fonts are synced. The Typekit website shows they are synced.

Is anyone else having the same issue with InDesign and Typekit?

• 1. Re: Why is InDesign now unable to sync fonts from Typekit?
          Ben, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi richards12087158,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. There are a couple of things that might cause this. Usually it's nothing big. First, I would make sure you're signed into the right account in the Creative Cloud app and in InDesign.

- For the CC app, click the Gear Icon > Preferences > General.

- For InDesign, click Help in the menu and you'll see it there.

It sounds silly but sometimes that can cause issues. If that all checks out, I would try the following:

- In InDesign, click Help > Sign out (account email)

- Quit InDesign.

- Make sure you're no longer signed into the CC app. Again, click the Gear Icon > Preferences > General.

- Quit the CC app.

- Restart the computer.

- Open the CC app and sign in.

- Open InDesign.

Hopefully, this refreshes the user session and gets everything working again. If not, I would check out this article: Troubleshoot font syncing problems in Typekit and reach out to us here: support@typekit.com based on the instructions at the end so we can dive into the issue.

Cheers,

Benjamin

• 2. Re: Why is InDesign now unable to sync fonts from Typekit?
            richards12087158 Level 1

Hi Benjamin,

Many thanks for your reply / suggestion.

Your initial instructions didn't solve the issue in itself but I followed your link 'Troubleshoot font syncing problems in Typekit'. Here I went through the instructions 1-6 and now the fonts are appearing fully functional. Waa hoo.

Thanks again for your help.