1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 10:43 AM by Dov Isaacs

Adobe 8 Standard

larrym13915010

My laptop has Windows 7 Professional 2009 version installed.   I have an older copy of Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard (Disk) and I want to know if this version will work on my computer.   In addition, I am assuming I will be able to edit adobe files.   If I can install and use this version, and if required are there updates that I can get to improve what this version of adobe standard can provide.   If there are updates are they free or will there be a charge.

Also I have two sets of numbers on the disk box on the back.    One set of numbers is a series of for numbers then a space which is listed under the serial number sticker.  There is also another number on the right bottom of the box that has 8 consecutive numbers that is a tag.act.   Which number would I use if I can install this version.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Adobe 8 Standard
          Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

Acrobat 8 will only fully work if you install it and then let it update to Acrobat 8.1. However, Adobe doesn't officially support this version of Acrobat anymore.

Other than the update to Acrobat 8.1.x, there are no free upgrades to Acrobat 8. We are over four releases beyond Acrobat 8 now. We would strongly recommend Acrobat DC Pro for you Windows 7 system.

The serial number is what you use for installation.

- Dov