Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a zine using InDesign

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to make a Zine using InDesign I am brand new to the process

(Discussion successfully moved from The Lounge to InDesign)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

I find InDesign really good for this.

As we all know, we can't print an animation, not yet anyway, but InDesign allows the same file to be exported in different ways for different media. One design job for several types of exports.

As Derek Cross mentioned the Publish feature is really good, I also used successfully Digital Publishing Platform for Magazines, Catalogs, and more - issuu and Create and self-publish books, magazines & ebooks | Blurb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your audience? How does that audience read their zines? In a browser? On a tablet? On their smartphone? Do they expect interactivity? Do they expect animation? Do they expect good design? Do they care about typography?

There are a lot of ways to do it, you have to be more specific about what you're expecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My audience would be people who would want to see my photography or a project I have done and I want the zine to be printed out by a service not a tablet or browser and yes I want to create some animation and design and maybe typography 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vandy,

I don't want to offend you but your answer made me smile ...

vandy2216  schrieb

... I want the zine to be printed out by a service not a tablet or browser and yes I want to create some animation ...

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aufklapp-Bilderbuch#/media/File:PopupCinderella.gif

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have InDesign CC2015/2017 you could use the Publish Online feature. With this you can easily produce content to include text, photographs and animations which can be viewed on any device and have the facility for readers to be able to also download and print a PDF version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find InDesign really good for this.

As we all know, we can't print an animation, not yet anyway, but InDesign allows the same file to be exported in different ways for different media. One design job for several types of exports.

As Derek Cross mentioned the Publish feature is really good, I also used successfully Digital Publishing Platform for Magazines, Catalogs, and more - issuu and Create and self-publish books, magazines & ebooks | Blurb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines