try the following steps:
1) uninstall flash completely
2) restart computer
3) install newest flash
4) restart computer
If you still face the issue please specify the following :
Is there an error or does the installation just hang at 95% percent? If it returns an error, what is the error? We'll need the Flash Player installation log files to investigate further. Please do the following:
- Review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?
- Configure your system to obtain the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files
- Attempt to install Flash Player again. When the installation hangs (or returns an error), close out of the installation window
- Upload the install.log file (only the portion related to the Flash Player installation) and the FlashInstallManager.log (entire file) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document
- Post the link to the uploaded log files in your reply
Well that worked, I'm not sure what the difference was but the update is now working.
There are 2 installers:
- Online (shim) installer: this installer requires an internet connection and downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background This is the installer that was returning the error.
- Offline (full) installer: this is the full installer, does not require an internet connection.
I'd like to troubleshoot the error with the online installer. Please upload the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files, saved ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs (this is the users Library folder, not the system library folder) at to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.