• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you restrict signature function with pdf forms on iPad/iPhones?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signature function on the ipad - by choosing the fountain pen icon - allows the signature to be saved and replicated.  Need to know how to restrict this.  I have come across a form that has done this and replaces the fountain pen icon with a lock icon, making you use the draw feature for a signature and this is what I need.  When I open the form to edit it, this feature is removed and so I was not able to see how it was done.  I am not familiar with writing scripts/code if that is necessary.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kindredpt,

As mentioned above, the fountain pen icon for the signature turned into a lock icon. I assume that might happened for a particular pdf file which was secured and had some security set up.

There isn't any specific setting that you need to change to use draw feature for a signature,  because this is what you get initially when you select pen icon to add signature.

Please refer to the help document to get detailed description of creating signature Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: Creating Signatures and Signing

This might help you.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! But this is the actually the opposite of what I'm looking for - I want to restrict the actual signature function, not use it.  So I need to know how to set up the security function then? I have looked at the security section under document properties but didn't get very far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kindredpt,

I apologize for the delay in response to your last message.

In order to secure the document so that the signature would be restricted,You need to change the "Security Preferences" of the document through the desktop application,

You can not restrict the document features in the mobile application.

When you restrict the changes in the document, its also restrict not to use the signature function of the particular document.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines